What is Constipation?
Constipation is an infrequent bowel movement – when you have to move your bowels and nothing is moving, or an incomplete bowel movement – when you experience the weight or the volume of the bowel decreased.
Constipation occurs for lots of different reasons: low intake of fluids (low intake of water), lack of physical exercise, medications can cause constipation as well, particular disease like diabetes or colitis or tumors, irregular meals, not chewing the food fully, amongst many other things.
Home Remedies for Constipation:
- Drink water regularly 8-10 glasses of water (daily) is very recommended for a healthy life, you can go with 6-8 as well as water helps digesting the food.
- Walk some miles after dinner if you can as it is a really good way to help our food digesting system and to help with constipation.
- Eat Mango as it is a natural medicine for constipation
- Eat an Apple after a meal as it’s one of the natural home remedies for constipation.
- Eat Grain Products each day: cereals, breads, corn, peas, potatoes and beans. Choose whole grain if possible.
- If you keep water for a night in copper vessel and you drink from it in the morning with an empty stomach your constipation should be instantly healed as it’s the best home remedy for constipation
- Mix a half teaspoon salt with a glass of water and drink it as it’s a quite good home remedy for basically anything.
- Mix Carrot Juice with spinach and it might have an instant effect as a home remedy.
- Rhubarb is a natural laxative. Serve it cooked sweeten with honey or bake it. Also you can create a drink from pureed, cooked rhubarb and apple juice as it is another natural remedy for constipation.
- Mix a cup olive oil with a cup of orange juice and drink it. It’s a very good home remedy for constipation also
- Fresh juice of oranges taken with an empty stomach gives another very good home remedy for constipation.
- Almond oil with milk before sleeping is very powerful home remedy for constipation.
How to avoid Constipation:
- Eat less Refined Foods – choose whole grain products over white grain products
- Eat food containing high Fiber (eat more beans, peas, carrots, nuts, berries, fresh fruits, barley, broccoli, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, prunes, figs, brown rice, whole grain products)
- Walk at least 20 minutes after a heavy meal or dinner, because walking helps food processing as it activates nerves and muscles in your bowels.
- Eat less dairy products containing pasteurized milk
- Drink less bubbly drinks (drink less soda, grape soda, bubbly water)
- Also you can use the home remedies for constipation listed above to avoid constipation – if you follow the guidelines you won’t have a problem with constipation.
Home remedies for constipation – conclusion:
We hope that these little tips about home remedies for constipation helps you to avoid or to heal the problem. If you have questions or comments about home remedies for constipation feel free to leave a comment below.